Monday, June 28, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly


When on a walk inside the deepness of the Park, I moved slowly through it's circuit of trails, each leading one leading off to other places. The day was peaceful, except for the hungry mosquitoes had, but I didn't stop too long to feed their taste for blood. Nearby, a butterfly landed on a Dandelion; it was yellow and dark with tints of blue over the wings. I stepped closer, bent down, and fixed the insect in the center of my lens. The butterfly danced around the golden center of the flower, sometimes sideways or flattened out in shape. The pictures clicked in succession the different steps within the dance. I knew somewhere along this path, a freshness of sight would find that moment's view. Afterward, I left with the hope that other secret moments still were there along the trail, when all was silent in the flight of a butterfly--perhaps a gift for someone else to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment