Thursday, June 3, 2010

Red House, Birch Tree, and Black Cat


My friend Josh likes old houses, historical types that have integrity about them. Sunday came and we drove around the older parts of Anchorage, from Government Hill to the area near the bay and downtown. I begin to realize I had passed these areas many times without a thought of how the architecture combined with the natural setting. The terminology was scant and nebulous in my mind.Josh explained and described the pieces and the parts, the historical time lines for the houses we passed by. I realized that that to know another kind of beauty was to learn another language in the musical movements of form.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colors in this photo. I really like that old birch, and the new growth on the spruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birch helps enliven the red, while the spruce frames the elusive cat. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete